Kitchen Cabinets: Cardell Cabinetry Reviews
Cardell Cabinetry Website: CardellKitchens.com
P.O. Box 200850, San Antonio, Texas, 78220
General Enquiries: (210) 225-0290
Cardell Cabinetry take pride and care in applying the perfect finish to cabinetry. Their finishes offer durability and protection to their cabinets, as well as emphasize the grain of wood for a truly distinctive appearance.
Hand-wiped to bring out the color and luster, Cardell’s 8-step finish is designed to protect the surface against normal home use. With proper care, Cardell cabinetry will provide years of use and beauty in your home.
1. Cardell selects only the finest oak, maple, cherry, hickory and alder wood available. All stained doors are custom manufactured at Cardell to the highest of specifications. All surfaces are sanded using a progressive grade of sandpaper and finished with very fine grit sandpaper for a smooth finish.
2. For most color finishes, an application of toner is applied. The toner is composed of finely ground pigments that give each piece a high degree of translucency. Toner is used to establish consistent uniformity and develop the undertone color.
3. For the majority of stain colors, a wipe stain is then hand applied. The wiping stain helps give the wood a deeper grain definition and/or a highlighted effect.
4. Actual hand wiping is the next procedure. This helps manipulate the stain and gives the wood various degrees of clarity.
5. The next step is the application of sealer (sealer / varnish). The purpose of this material is to seal the wood protecting the previous color coats. This material contains sanding agents that when sanded creates a smooth surface and helps create good inter-coat adhesion between the sealer and the final topcoat.
6. After the sealer is applied and oven-dried, the product is hand sanded to assure a smooth surface for the topcoat.
7. The final step is the application of the topcoat. Relvar Catalyzed Conversion Varnish is used. This varnish provides maximum resistance to scuffing, dents, UV fade, and moisture.
8. Throughout the process, the cabinet products are cured in specially designed high temperature ovens. This creates a baked on, smooth surface generally used in the fine furniture industry.
Cardell Cabinets are certified by Kitchen Cabinet Manufacturers Association (KCMA) Performance Testing & Certification Program, which meets or exceeds its Four Finish Tests.
Cardell Cabinets – Information:
Market Position: Middle
Kitchen Unit Quality: Good – Very Good
Price Fitted: varies with dealership
Supply Only: varies with dealership
Warranty: 5 Year Limited
Designer Training: varies with dealership
Designer Qualifications: varies with dealership
Designer Status: varies with dealership
Commission rate: varies with dealership
All reviews on KitchenCabinetsRated.com express the reviewer’s opinion, not necessarily ours.
Disagree with a review? Let us know by writing a review of your own or adding a comment.
Cardell Cabinets – Reviews:
Searches that found this page useful:
- cardell cabinets reviews
- cardell cabinet reviews
- cardell cabinets review
- cardell cabinetry reviews
- cardell kitchen cabinets reviews
- cardell cabinets vs kraftmaid
- CARDELL CABINETRY